httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: apache module or CGI
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:06:26 GMT
Are the resized images needed *immediately*?  Could you set up a
seperate process to downsize the images one at a time, and let
Apache/PHP/whomever just add the images to the queue?  That way, the
requests get processed much faster and you're also guaranteed not to
blow the server's resources with too many concurrent requests all
downsizing images at the same time.

  Issac