httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Questions on modules to provide cache functions for Apache
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 07:18:34 GMT
Both responses look cachable.  Not sure why mod_cache wouldn't be
caching them...

Erica Zhang wrote:

> 3) Do you think I need to use mod_file_cache ? I do not use it.

NO.  mod_file_cache simply mmaps static files' filehandles, enabling
Apache to serve them much faster.  The name is really misleading because
it's not really caching anything (except the filehandles), and IIRC
really doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the cache family of
modules.  It'll boost performance for serving the static JS file, but
that's about it.

  Issac