httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Erica Zhang <erica...@cs.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Questions on modules to provide cache functions for Apache
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:26:06 GMT
Yes. I changed the PHP script. Now I change them back and also set
CacheIgnoreCacheControl On. And still could not work. For other
questions, please see the my answers below. Thanks.

David Wortham wrote:

> Erica,
>   My observations of your headers:
> (1) The "Last-Modified" line contains the current timestamp (as expected)

After I set CacheIgnoreCacheControl On, it does not matter. Right ?
Although I move the headers to the top code, it still could not work.

> (2) Your original question showed that you inserted an "Expires:" header,
> but it doesn't show in your response.  Did you change your PHP script
> code
> since you asked the original question this morning?

Yes. It is my fault.

> (3) Are you returning XML or HTML?  My experience with XMLHttpResponse(s)
> required changing the content-type to "text/xml" (not really the issue at
> hand)

Does it matter ?

> When you said that you got mod_cache to cache a JavaScript file, was
> it in
> the same directory (and covered by the same mod_cache directives)?

Yes, both javascript file and the php file are under htdocs directory.

> Did you try using the
> CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
> directive?  Did it force the file to cache?

I tried. But it could not work.