httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Just starting module development
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 19:23:28 GMT
Farokh Irani wrote:
> I'm trying to convert a plug-in that ran under WebSTAR as well as
> under Microsoft IIS to an Apache 2 module and I was wondering if
> anyone had any pointer or sample code that I should look at to make
> life easier. The WebSTAR code handles multiple threads (I haven't
> looked at the IIS code) so I figured it would be the best place to
> start. So, any pointers to sites or code would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
Consider the book :

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ISBN=0132409674

It's written by one of the nerds on this list (sorry Nick - no offense
intended - I fall into the same category). Also, Nick's website :
http://apache.webthing.com/ . I had a tutorial that I was writing on how
to do that. Perhaps if we knew a bit more we could be more specific as
to which tutorials would be best for you (e.g. if you are writing a
simple content filter, or a content generator, or ...).

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>