httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ralf Mattes ...@seid-online.de>
Subject Re: how to get started?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:34:58 GMT
On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 22:05 -0400, Sam Carleton wrote:
> Ok folks,
>
> I am developing on Windows.  I have VC6, VS2005, and Cygwin installed.
>  I would prefer ot use VS2005, but VC6 will work, Cygwin is a last
> resort, VERY last resort.  I first thought I would try Ralf's advice
> of running  apxs -g -n fancy_image_handler, but I cannot find  apxs on
> my Windows machine.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I only recalled on my way home that you're
running on Windows.

>   I then figured, ok well, I will scrap the whole
> apache module and just do a FastCGI, but I like the idea of using the
> APR, but darn it to heck, I cannot find ANY documentation on it.  I
> have blown my whole evening mucking around with this and getting NO
> where, can anyone help me out?

I can't comment at all on Windows development - never done it. Iff you
want your module to run on Unix/Linux as well it might be a good idea to
install VMWare Player and live images for Linux(Ubuntu), Solaris and
NetBSD/OpenBSD.

Cheers, Ralf Mattes