httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <jzo...@heute-morgen.de>
Subject Re: load data at server startup - is ap_hook_post_config() the right place?
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:04:03 GMT
Am Donnerstag, den 22.03.2007, 09:21 -0400 schrieb Danie Qian:
>  I am new to module development but I want to develop a module so I can
> manage the uri of the thousand of sites more efficiently. What I want is to
> load a mysql table data into the memory of Apache server at its startup
> stage for fast processing of requests later.

This is probably a misconception. If you have a database where you can
do an indexed lookup loading the table into memory will be _slower_ from
a certain amount of data on.

You can of course implement an index tree in memory, too. But why
reinvent the database if you already have one.

Sincerely,
Joachim