httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <jzo...@heute-morgen.de>
Subject Re: Questions on modules to provide cache functions for Apache
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:14:24 GMT
Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2007, 11:42 -0800 schrieb Erica Zhang:
> No, still not work. Infact, mod_cache could work, because it could cache
> the javascript. But it could not work for dynamic HTTP responses
> responding to XMLHttpRequests in Ajax technology. So I suspect mod_cache
> could not support this function. And I need provide such function by
> myself. I prefer to do it in Apache, a comparatively general way instead
> of application itself.

Why do you think it can not work? Apache does not know the requests are
done with XMLHttpRequest. By the way, how do you know it does not work?

You may want to use Firefox with the LiveHttpHeaders Plugin to look at
the headers, that are actually exchanged (or are you already doing
that).

Sincerely,
Joachim