httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <jzo...@heute-morgen.de>
Subject Re: how to say to apache, to not send headers
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:06:38 GMT
Am Dienstag, den 27.02.2007, 19:17 +0100 schrieb bronto:
> I have a module written by me, which (less or more) serves content.
> Everything went well until we ran some JMeter tests, which has
> discovered that keep-alive requests, to our module, are returning
> zero-sized OK pages (I mean code 200, with content-length:0). Ethereal
> discovered that it actually served the content, _but_ after that apache
> sends out another headers. Which is certainly ok, because it thinks that
> there was no content sent.

You have probably just discovered chunked coding, which is a rather
annoying discovery. My conjecture is, that either you send a content
length header (this is wrong with chunked coding IIRC) or the authors of
JMeter have yet to discover chunked encoding. The second would mean your
module is behaving correctly.

> What I need, is a way how can I tell apache, to stop processing the
> particular request.
> But my guess is, that it actually sends headers right after it knows the
> length of content and stuff.

Yes. That is more or less how chunked coding works. See
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.6.1

Hth,
Joachim