httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Danie Qian" <dan...@bestningning.com>
Subject load data at server startup - is ap_hook_post_config() the right place?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:21:39 GMT
 I am new to module development but I want to develop a module so I can
manage the uri of the thousand of sites more efficiently. What I want is to
load a mysql table data into the memory of Apache server at its startup
stage for fast processing of requests later. Mysql database access
information will be set with configuration directives. My question is:
1. Is ap_hook_post_config(apr_pool_t *p, apr_pool_t *plog, apr_pool_t
*ptemp, server_rec *s)  the right place to load the table?
2. If it is, how can the hook functions access the data after it is loaded
presumably in apr_pool_t *p?

Thanks,
Daniel