httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Kratzer, James \(Xetron\)" <James.Krat...@ngc.com>
Subject Input filter cannot change size of multipart/form-data
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:38:26 GMT
Please help.

I have an input filter that looks for the Content-Type
"multipart/form-data" and saves the whole POST request to disk for
processing by scripts invoked by the filter.  The processed
multipart/form-data is then read back in and sent up the chain.

Here are the steps for my input filter:
1. If a multipart/form-data post is found then save it to disk.
2. Execute a script to process the multipart/form-data.
3. Read the processed multipart/form data in, put it into the brigade,
and send it on up the chain.
4. If the size of the new multpart/form-data has changed then my filter
changes the Content-Length header in the headers_in table.

Everything works as long as I don't change the size of the
multipart/form-data.  It appears that if I change the size of the
multipart/form-data post(such as replacing an attachment with either a
smaller or larger attachment than the original), then the post dies even
though I'm updating the Content-Length in headers_in.  Why can't I
change the size of the multipart/form-data post.

Thanks,

JK