httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Erickson" <billserick...@gmail.com>
Subject question about keepalive and child processes (Apache/prefork 2.2.3)
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:14:59 GMT
Apologies if this is not the appropriate list for this question...

I'm developing a Perl module for Apache2, and while I was testing keepalives
on Apache2 (prefork, 2.2.3, default Debian package), I noticed that requests
were being handled by different children, even though they were inside a
single keepalive session.

1. Is this the expected behavior?
2. Is there any way to force apache to send all keepalive requests to the
same child process?

Basically, I'm trying to leverage keepalives to allow for multiple requests
inside a single database transaction.  For that, the client needs to be able
to communicate with the same child process throughout the transaction.

Thanks,

-bill

--
Bill Erickson