httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Sending a POST request and handling the response from a module
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:15:20 GMT
Module Gurus,

My module does (among many other things) HTTP POSTs to another webserver.  I
was just told that I will have to be able to read (and deal with) data in
the response of a POST.  I believe I will only need to regurgitate the
results of the response (without the headers) into the module's/filter's
output.

My existing POST code was borrowed from ApacheBench (ab.c), which does not
appear to handle any of the response and is now much less useful to me.
Does anyone know of code that will allow me to both POST request and handle
the response data (and uses the APR libs)?

A quick search on Google Codesearch revealed that Nick (Kew) wrote a
HTTPClient.(c|h) library (used with mod_validator and possibly with
others).  Will this code do what I want?

Thanks,
David Wortham