httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Apache2 Shared Memory problem
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:19:17 GMT

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:46:11 +0100
> "Aron Szabo" <aronsza@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I need an array or a hash or an apache table to be WRITABLE/READABLE
>> from every apache child.
>> This vhost module is a modified version of vhost-mysql . But I dont
>> want to do an sql query on every request so i want to cache it after
>> the request in an apache table (vhost; path) or a hash or something.
>
>>>From that description (which you didn't give on IRC), you're probably
> better off forgetting about shared memory, and using a per-process
> cache (with any permanent changes going to the database, of course).

[snip]
>  I already mentioned the easier alternatives
> on IRC.

I'm currently looking into storing some information f(or a completely
unrelated module) on a per-child (per-process) basis (non-persistent
beyond the life of the child).  If this was one of the alternatives
mentioned "on IRC", would you mind re-posting to the list for reference
(actually, even if it's not, would you mind briefly repeating whatever
was discussed)?

Thanks,
  Issac