httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: How to retrieve the posted variables using the apache module...
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:01:54 GMT
Devender Reddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing an apache module in C and I am facing some problem while
> retreiveing the POST elements data.
[snip]

> Now I have to write one apache module in C, such that, I can get the
> data of name, upload file name and the hidden variable.
Are you sure you need a module and not a perl or php script?  If you
NEED an extension for apache, read on.

> I am assuming that these values are stored in the request_rec
> structure. I dumped all the elements in this structure, but I couldn't
> find the information. So it would be great, if you can help in this.
Incoming HTTP headers are stored in the request_rec->headers_in
apr_table.  You can write a filter that grabs POST data before any other
module gets it if you needed to alter the data.  If you don't need to
alter the data, you probably don't want an apache extension, just a
standard CGI program.

> I know this is a pretty simple question, but this one seems to be a
> tough for me as I am new to this area.
We'll help as far as we are allowed to by list etiquette.

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>