httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Some question about adding some independent module or middleware to intercept HTTP requests
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:13:54 GMT
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:56:24 -0800
Erica Zhang <ericazhj@cs.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now, I want to aggregate some HTTP requests on client and then send
> those requests by use of one file. So I need to parse the file on the
> server. Then handle those requests one by one.

I'm not sure that makes sense (though it does sound like a
reinvention of a web services protocol).

Anyway, if you don't want to adopt the usual approach of wrapping
those requests in XML, POST your original request with a MIME
multipart request body.  Then you can write a handler to process
that (using an appropriate MIME parsing library), and then run
the aggregated requests as Apache subrequests.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/