httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Server Restarts
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 03:37:52 GMT
Hi guys,
I know Nick or one of the other frequent responders mentioned something
about a double server-startup.  Does anyone have (or know of) documentation
on this effect?  I believe I understand the relationships between the server
process, the child processes and the cprocess threads.

It seems like I always have to restart one extra time (first restart is
always a dud... as if the server daemon was not running) after re-compiling
the module (with apxs).  Recently, I get whitescreens on the second restart
and now have to restart a total of 3 times after every re-compile (also
requires me to restart once after the initial daemon startup).  This won't
make sysadmins very happy to use my module if I require them to restart
their webserver twice every time they need to reload it.

Did I foul something up or is this normal/expected?

Thanks,
Dave