httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mike <mli...@bigrideau.com>
Subject modules + callbacks
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:25:48 GMT
Hi,

The Subject here may be completely wrong, so I will describe what I am
doing. Some years ago I hacked together an authentication module  which
uses the c-client imap lib. I decided to take a look at porting it to
2.0 only to realize that the code is complete crap,thus I am looking to
fix (Disclaimer, I am not a C Programmer).

C-client is implemented such that it obtains data via callback functions
which must be defined by the caller. One of these  functions is to
obtain the username and password to auth with. Since this was a callback
function I did not have any apache context handy to store things in so I
stuffed the user and password in globals. This is obviously bad so I am
looking to do it the correct way. My current thought was to create some
named shared memory segment in the process pool to store this in and
then maybe store the process pool in a global. Reading/writing the
user/pass pair to the pool would be controlled by a mutex.

On second thought though this isn't really that much different than if I
controlled access to the current globals with a mutex, there must be a
better way? Any advice/pointers appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mike.