httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Drew Bertola <d...@jupiterhosting.com>
Subject Re: apr_bucket_split question...
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:02:44 GMT
Joachim Zobel wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 05.01.2007, 14:06 -0800 schrieb Drew Bertola:
>
>> My impression is that b is now the head piece (part before the split)
>> and APR_BUCKET_NEXT(b) would return the tail piece.  Correct?
>>

> Just try.

I was trying, and doing it right.  I had a small logical bug that was
breaking things and finally spotted it.

The difficulty there is that debugging requires so much work and the
documentation isn't explicit about these types of details.  So, just
needed some confirmation.  Nick's example in
http://www.apachetutor.com/dev/brigades helped confirm the behavior.

>> Also, how can I determine the length of the data held by the bucket?
>>

> apr_bucket_read will tell you and it is cheap as soon as you have a heap
> bucket. In your case it will be cheap on both parts of the split bucket.
>
> But you probably won't need the length. You just need to insert your
> stuff between the to buckets.

I'll leave an explanation why for my next question (rather than going
off on a tangent in this thread).  I'm moving beyond the basics with the
next bit, so please look for it.

Thanks,
--
Drew