httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: splitting a string...
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:55:11 GMT
Drew Bertola wrote:
> Again, makes me wish for a null output filter example.

Try this link - it was written about 6 years ago, but still applies.
It's a Ryan Bloom article (he was one of the APR developers).  The link :

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/1127731

> My understanding is that it would need this:
>
> - create context if it doesn't already exist.

Only if you are going to use it.
> - loop through buckets (from FIRST to SENTINEL) in brigade passed to
> filter appending each bucket to my context's brigade.

Yes.
> - pass my brigade to next filter.

Yes.  (If they are not passed, you will not get that data).

[snip]

> - do I need to look out for APR_BUCKET_IS_EOS or APR_BUCKET_IS_FLUSH or
> are they implicit before APR_BRIGADE_IS_SENTINEL?

Watch for them..
> - do I need to use ap_pass_brigade()? I've used it here before returning.

Yes.  When done, always pass a brigade, whether it is a new one or the
original brigade (modified or not).

Joe