httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Header injection after reading the post body
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 02:19:38 GMT
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:55:29 +0200
"Bartov, Asaf" <Asaf_Bartov@bmc.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to write an Apache 2.x input filter that would inject an
> HTTP header, based on conditions determinable only after reading the
> POST body (if any).  Just injecting a header can be done with a hook
> -- a filter would not even be needed; but what I need is to modify the
> headers only after reading post body, so I do need to be an input
> filter.

1. You should perhaps look at the note about order of processing
in my article at http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/request

2. Trying to modify headers_in is almost certainly a symptom of a
design problem.  The solution will be a design that works some
other way.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/