httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: My input filter is being called endlessly
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:25:39 GMT
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 02:16:09 +0200
"Kfir Dadosh" <dadosh@checkpoint.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to write an input filter that buffers the whole post
> content,

You should avoid buffering where possible.  Failing that,
you'll want to tell server admins to limit request sizes.

>  replaces it with some other content, and passes it on the
> chain. I managed to read the data from the brigade and buffer it
> correctly, until I get the EOS bucket.
> At that point, I created a new brigade, added the modified content to
> a new heap bucket and added the bucket to my brigade.

Huh?  That sounds like an output filter.  Input is a Pull API.
So you have to populate the brigade you were called with,
and add an EOS to that when finished.

Also don't forget the protocol.  Your filter may invalidate
things like Content-Length headers, or any checksums.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/