httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Need help with ErrorDocument
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:01:51 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:23:26 +0530
"Vedavyas Raichur" <vedavyasraichur@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>          I am new to apache & facing the following problem:
>
> 1. A custom module that does client authentication on top of mod_ssl
> returns a FORBIDDEN when user is not authenticated.

That's probably not what you want.  FORBIDDEN means there's nothing
the client can do, which is not the case when the failure is one
of authentication.

>	 But when the
> server tries to fetch the custom ErrorDocument for this error it is
> FORBIDDEN again by same module above.

Yep.

> Is there any known solution to tackle this recursion.

The simple solution is for the ErrorDocument to be kept outside the
scope of what's restricted by your module.  That gives control to
system administrators.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/