httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Sasson <sass...@nebuladir.com>
Subject Help with linking
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:59:46 GMT
Hi there,

I have been working on a handler for a while which uses multiple files.
I built it using apxs with multiple c files as input. It has been
compiling and running fine for a few weeks. I go to a point where the
size of the module is about 400MB.
Today I started seeing pointers being changed. For example I have a
structure with char pointers which I allocate with apr_pstrdup and at
some point the char pointer in the structure goes from 0x81bee00 to
0x819f9b0. It changes randomly to different addresses and I don;t know
why.
I had a similar problem in the past and once I started using apxs for
compiling all c files these crazy things stopped.

Here is the complete apxs command I use:
apxs -c -i -a -Iutil/include -Icrypt/include -I. -I../crypt/include \
	-I/usr/include/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient mod_nebula_ssl.c \
	$(CRYPTSRCDIR)/neb_crypt.c \
	$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_cookies.c $(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_strings.c
$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_redirect.c \
	$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_io.c $(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_language.c \
	$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_db.c $(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_errors.c
$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_https_html.c \
	$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_http_html.c $(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_forms.c
$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_sock.c \
	$(UTILSRCDIR)/neb_html_tags.c

The code itself uses mysql for normal database interaction which runs
fine until the structures get bigger in size.

Any idea will be appriciated.

Mark