httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: diagram of server phases
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:09:35 GMT

On Dec 19, 2006, at 5:17 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

>> Maybe there is a way to get this by scanning through the headers or
>> through the source code?  How would I determine the order?
>
> There is a page somewhere in the developer docs @apache.org
> that gives the order of hooks.  There's also an element of
> legacy from Apache 1's less flexible architecture.

Do you mean:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/request.html

?

For a comprehensive list of all available hooks, check out
mod_example.c from trunk. It now has a handler for every hook in the
server, whether it makes sense or not. If you build it with -
DEXAMPLE_LOG_EACH=1 , every hook handler will write to the error log
and you get a, very verbose, run-down of the calling order.

S.