httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to compile modules
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 23:14:15 GMT
Frankie,
I believe Issac led you on the correct path with 'apxs'.

I don't know for sure, but you may need to be working in C (not C++) to use
apxs (I'm just one step above noob... so don't take what I say for fact).
You should ask more questions of the mailing list if you are developing with
another languae (i.e. C++ or PERL).
My typical usage of apxs is as follows: "apxs -c -i mod_***.c" (-c =
compile; -i = install into Apache).
I believe there is a way to restart your currently running Apache daemon
from axps (at the end of a compile).  You will have to search the
documentation for that one (I'm not familiar with it).

You of course, will need to activate your module in the httpd.conf (or use
the '-a' switch during apxs).

Hope this helps,
Dave