httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: splitting a string...
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 02:02:31 GMT
Joachim Zobel wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Rethinkinking your problem I found that it is probably much easier to
> split the bucket in three, namely before_head, head, and after_head
> using apr_bucket_split and replace the head bucket.

That is exactly the technique I use in my template wrapper - I look
through the buckets on output, and when I see the <title> tag, I have to
make a copy of that.  Once I have it, I grab the template file, slap the
title into a "variable" in the page, paste in the rest of the head tag
if the page had one, and parse just a few other components.  The BEST
way to do that is to split bucket brigades, and then just insert copys
of the data in a bucket form, and delete the "variable" results.  I
think a Ralph Bloom had a good "how to" for a simpler "template"
wrapping module on a web page write up somewhere.  But, I second
Joachim's advice - bucket brigades (that is what they were designed for,
too).

Joe