httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: HTTPD server stops responding
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:08:26 GMT
Andras D wrote:
> It happened several times in the last 2-3 weeks (once in every 2-3 days)
> that my HTTP server just disappears and cannot be accessed. It either
> just
> sticks on "connecting...." or "The connection was reset" when I try to
> access the page.  I have to give a "Restart Service" to get it working
> again.
> Strangely, there is no error noted in the error.log or the
> connection/activity logs.
> Any ideas on how to fix it? I can't stand by the server and keep
> resetting
> it.
No one can tell you how to fix it until they know what the problem is.
Is it because of your custom module?  (check by removing your module and
waiting for it to "hang".)  Is it because of a network or OS related
problem (or patch, e.g. reloading a firewall)?  Is it because of
specific types of requests?  (Put a hook in your module to log incoming
connections and the requested URL to get more information).  If it does
it without any custom modules, you may want to ask your OS provider, and
perhaps the HTTPD users' list instead of this one.

Just use some simple isolation troubleshooting to pin-point the problem,
and then we may be able to help, depending on what you find.

Joe