httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: How do "normal" developers debug apachemodules?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 10:22:52 GMT
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:46:53 +0530
"Manish Chakravarty" <manishchaks@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using apache 1.3.37, and am trying to write a module for it.

Why?  Apache 1.3 has been obsolete for five years!

> The module has gotten pretty complex. I am using visual studio 2003 to
> develop it.

And it was never a windows product in the first place; only a poorly-
performing port of a Unix product.  True cross-platform support started
in Apache 2.0.

> I know of no possible way to debug it. Can someone please give some
> pointers/tips?
>
> would gdb on GNU/LInux be a better choice?

gdb is an option.  Chapter 12 of my book describes how to use it:
that at least is valid even for Apache 1.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/