httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <jzo...@heute-morgen.de>
Subject Re: How do "normal" developers debug apachemodules?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 19:56:01 GMT
Am Dienstag, den 05.12.2006, 15:46 +0530 schrieb Manish Chakravarty:
> The module has gotten pretty complex. I am using visual studio 2003 to
> develop it.
> I know of no possible way to debug it. Can someone please give some
> pointers/tips?
>
> would gdb on GNU/LInux be a better choice?

I am using gdb to look into the coredumps after segfaults. I am not
debugging otherwise. If I encounter a bug, I try to improve my logging
to tell me what is going on. Actually every bug is a chance to improve
error reporting.

See also
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Kernel/linus-im-a-bastard-speech.html

Sincerely,