httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Christiaan Lamprecht" <christiaanw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Shared memory
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:39:12 GMT
>On 11/22/06, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> You can use the server config for that.  You already know you need
> the mutex; you'll also need to consider the lifetime of what's being
> stored and avoid a memory (or similar resource) leak.  If your memory
> is shared by all processes, it gets more complex.

More complex due to potential memory leaks, use of appropriate mutex's
or something else? (I have used apr_global_mutex instead of the 'proc'
or 'thread' versions to hopefully avoid any unforeseen problems) Any
clues of what to avoid/keywords to google?

> My Chapter 4 has some examples covering a couple of scenarios.

Anywhere I can look before the book is released?

Thanks again
Christiaan