httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Bartov, Asaf" <Asaf_Bar...@bmc.com>
Subject Dynamic registration of a module in Apache 2.X?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:27:23 GMT
Hello.

Is it possible to dynamically register a new module (given some
mod_moose.so) in a *running* httpd process, to get it to work *without*
writing to the config file or restarting the httpd process?
Essentially, to inject a module into a running httpd process, given
appropriate, even root, permissions.

As far as I can tell, this is not possible.  I'm asking after
implementing this on Microsoft's IIS, where one can change the so-called
"metabase" and have the changes take effect immediately.

I'd appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable can confirm that this is
impossible, so I can get the Marketoids off my back... ;)

Thanks in advance,

	Asaf.