httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Tess Flynn" <tfl...@mqsoftware.com>
Subject RE: One character per brigade?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:04:21 GMT
> If you're just examining the data but not modifying it, you don't
> want to mess about with new brigades.

I was pointed in that direction by this post:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modules&m=108029424904988&w=2

I was using the new brigade only as a buffer. I could have done this as a memory block within
my ctx, but it didn't seem as efficient given I didn't know how many buckets the request was
broken across. After I reached the end of the input, my plan was to run apr_brigade_flatten()
against the brigade buffer to get the final string. I need to run an XPath against the content
of both the request and the reply, so I can't have an incomplete document.

> Take a look at mod_diagnostics, which reports on exactly the data
> you're looking for, and might be a good startingpoint for your module.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I don't quite see how mod_diagnostics will help me. It doesn't
seem to gather the entire request or reply, but operates on each bucket individually.

Thanks,
-Tess