httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Who is Representing Apache?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:27:44 GMT
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your thoughts. I am Cc-ing on this response the Apache
Software Foundation Public Relations Team. They may choose to chime
in if they think this necessary.

I cannot speak for the foundation, but as a contributor to the Apache
HTTP Server project I am delighted to hear that the web server is so
ubiquitous that it seems to be the default platform for startup
companies. I hope that many of those present are subscribed to our
announce@httpd.apache.org and users@httpd.apache.org mailinglists. If
they would like to participate in the development effort, anyone is
welcome to join the dev@httpd.apache.org mailinglist as well, but
nobody is required to do so. The fact that no one in the room needed
to change or patch the web server code could also be considered a
measure of its success.

If we are offered a speaking slot at a conference, and we have
someone available that has the time and opportunity to speak, we are
happy to participate. However, as an all-volunteer organization this
doesn't always work out, and I don't think we actively try to find
speaking opportunities. We also don't usually participate in trade
shows and the like, but rely on word-of-mouth and press coverage to
get the word out on our software. Also, many companies incorporate
Apache software in their own products.

I hope that this serves to address your concerns somewhat.

Regards,

Sander