httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting both Server and Directory Config Structs from the same config function
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:31:24 GMT
Nick,
I was almost done copy-pasting and simplifying my code when I re-read your
response.

I had previously tried an if/else in the directive handling function (as in:
if (dir->path is set) { set dir_struct; } else { set svr_struct; } ).
For some reason, I didn't think that the call had to be mutually exclusive
(only DIR or SVR, not both).

I read through the 2.0 code (thanks www.google.com/codesearch !), which has
different comments than 1.3.  In there, the path is what determines if the
directive-handling function was called via a DIR or a SVR context (and I now
realize they are mutually exclusive).  A simple test to see if the
cmd_parms->module_config is not NULL apparently is not sufficient.

I am still testing some cases, but it looks like I was able to eliminate the
case that causes a Sef Fault.

Thx Nick!
Dave