httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error 126: Does it depend on the way you program the module?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:52:45 GMT
Manish,
   I am not familiar with the Windows modile development environment, but I
am familiar with APXS.  Assuming you are using apxs (with parameters 'c' and
'i' for compile & install), you could be seeing a compile error that does
not stop apxs from continuing the makefile script.  If that's the case,
makefile would remove the old copy of your compiled module and not have
anything to copy to your Apache modules directory.  In this case, you would
just want to read thoroughly through the APXS STDOUT/STDERR and fix any
possible errors.

   Just a thought.  Seems to be more likely than you overrunning a module
size limitation.  Also, you could look into the modules directory (to see if
the compiled module code (the DLL) actually exists.  If it does, that could
be a completely different problem than if it does not exist.

> but my module does not have any dependencies
Does that mean that you have NO #include statements?  That would seem to be
difficult to get anything done in Apache without any libraries.  Granted, it
sounds like you were doing fine and you hit one bad compile.

Are you coding in an editor that will allow you to UNDO past a previous
savepoint?  That's typically one of the first things I will do to determine
what changes were problematic.  Make sure you get back to us if you weren't
able to solve the issue.

Dave Wortham