httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Modules vs. Filters
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:53:07 GMT
Mark Sasson wrote:
> The whole notion of brigades
> and filters are new to me. In the past I just wrote handlers.
A brigade can easily be used to "modify" what is being sent.  I have a
template wrapping module (and a slight scripting language in it to ease
site design) that functions with brigades.  SSL does the same.
> I was
> wondering if anyone wrote a handler for https and if I need to do
> anything special for such handler.
> The https handler I currently wrote works fine and I assume that the ssl
> modules encrypts the data I write in the handler before sending it.
> I can't verify it right now.
You can easily write a handler that checks to see if the connection is
over SSL, and if not, redirect it.  Then, just build the rest of the
handler that you need.

Joe