httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Kemp <st...@steve.org.uk>
Subject Re: Apache - Monitor serial port
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:15:18 GMT
On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 08:08:48AM -0400, Daniel Pereira wrote:

> So I'd like to make a module that should be performed any time. For example,
> the apache should start that module each second for monitoring the serial
> port.
> How can the apache perform my module each second?

  You'd probably do better by writing a cronjob which would do the
 monitoring and output a HTML file with the results/history in a
 web-accessible location.

> I'm not sure if that's the best option.

  Seems a strange way of doing it.  Maybe a nagios plugin, or
 something similar would be better - after all that has the
 infrastructure in place already to do monitoring of things and
 a pretty GUI, along with notifications, etc.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/