httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Linking to a Shared Object
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:33:40 GMT
You've anonymised this so much I can't tell what you've
actually done wrong, but ...

> I then compiled my mod_ssl.c module into Apache2 (note assl.lo at the
end): ./sbin/apxs -i -a -c
> ../ApacheSource/httpd-2.2.3/modules/ssl/mod_assl.c
> ../ApacheSource/httpd-2.2.3/modules/ssl/assl.lo

Don't do that.  If you need to use assl outside Apache, compile it
to a separate shared lib, and load that with LoadFile for mod_assl.

> Which library am I missing? Surely it should have complained when I
> created mod_assl.so in the first place?

Those symbols are from apache and openssl, and are available
when your module is loaded.  Your external application should
not use Apache logging, and if it needs SSL then it should
link (or load) the openssl lib itself.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/