httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <>
Subject Re: Data Structure Serialization
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:03:14 GMT
Am Donnerstag, den 02.11.2006, 12:07 -0700 schrieb David Wortham:
> I have one file that opens in a given function.  I need to open
> another file
> and close it about the same time: just before the end of the same
> function.
> I copy-pasted the code that correctly opens the first file but I am
> not
> seeing the second file open (it is never created, whereas the first
> file is
> created every time).  The purpose of the files are to (1) trace the
> processing path and write to file the results of each conditional to
> file 1
> and (2) dump the entire contents of the in-memory data structure to
> file 2.
> I am having a hard time reconsiling what child process has what
> requesting
> IP addresses stored in a recent-hit cache and these files seem like
> the only
> way to debug this.

To alternatives come to my mind.
1. You could write all data to the error log with ap_log_rerror.
2. You could write your data into notes with the notes api and the log
these note with %{notename}n together with the pid and other interesting
data in a special custom log.

To learn about notes read about ap_register_request_note,
ap_get_request_note in http_core.h. I have used them once, see for a simple

View raw message