httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server config apr_table_t
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:55:16 GMT
On 10/10/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> You are responsible for mutexing; and remember unless you alloc before fork
> and never modify the data, it's per-process private.

Is this to say that using a subpool of a "s->process->pool" pool, what
mutations made by one child process won't be seen by other child
processes?

Right now, I have a module (based roughly off of mod_evasive 2.0 for
website RBLing and caching of recent RBL lookups).  I'm using a file
for caching, but I would like to have my lookups stored in
parent-process memory so that each child process does not have to sync
to the file and keep its own lookup hashtable.

BTW - I'm new to the mailiing list.  If I need to reformat or send
replies in some other manner, please inform me.