httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Using util_ldap to retrieve attributes on a DC
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:19:47 GMT
Thanks for the response, Eric!

Eric Covener wrote:
> On 10/19/06, Joe Lewis <joe@joe-lewis.com> wrote:
>> I've looked through the util_ldap.c code, and don't really
>> see any functions that would allow the retrieval of attributes from an
>> object (non-user) in LDAP.
> Looks to me like the cache provided by util_ldap is very
> compare-centric, so you'd have a fair amount of work teaching it to
> manage/return values returned by searches via some new interface and
> an extension of the cache.
I was just hoping there were some methods that I didn't see in the
default util_ldap.c file.  Obviously, my eyes did not deceive me.
> I would think that the sequence of
> ldap_search/ldap_get_values/ldap_msgfree would be SDK agnostic (more
> so then the SSL freakshow that apr ldap provides a wrapper for).  You
> can see in util_ldap.c that the actual core LDAP calls aren't wrapped
> by any abstraction.
I suspected that this was true.  It's easy enough to leave well enough
alone.  (Plus, I could almost guarantee that the resulting code will be
shorter - and shorter = cleaner = simpler = more efficient code, unless
you are working with Perl obfuscation.)  I'll just leave well enough
alone (unless someone else recognizes a major need).

Joe