httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Constable <ma...@renta.net>
Subject apr_dbd_mysql for apache2.2
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:10:00 GMT
I'm trying to build an apr-util with apr_dbd_mysql.c so I
downloaded...

 http://apache.webthing.com/svn/apache/apr/apr_dbd_mysql.c

into the apr-util-1.2.7/dbd build directory and did a buildconf
as the apr-util INSTALL.MySQL says. I added --with-mysql to the
configure invocation and all seems well...

 checking mysql.h usability... no
 checking mysql.h presence... no
 checking for mysql.h... no
 checking mysql/mysql.h usability... yes
 checking mysql/mysql.h presence... yes
 checking for mysql/mysql.h... yes
 checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient_r... yes
   adding "-Iyes/include/myql" to APRUTIL_INCLUDES
   adding "-lmysqlclient_r" to APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS
   adding "-lmysqlclient_r" to APRUTIL_LIBS

however, after installing the resulting package I get...

# nm -D /usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0 | grep mysql
         U apr_dbd_mysql_driver

and apache obviously complains about an...

 undefined symbol: apr_dbd_mysql_driver

and in the dbd/ folder there is no apr_dbd_mysql.lo or
apr_dbd_mysql.o as I would expect. No doubt it's just a build
issue but would anyone have a suggestion what to do next ?

--markc