httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: brigade to stream
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:47:49 GMT
On Saturday 14 October 2006 05:55, Brian McQueen wrote:
> This went to the wrong list.  It should've gone to modules-dev.

Don't recollect it elsewhere.  Maybe I ignored it [wherever].

> Anyway, I have a better plan than the first one I proposed, so you can
> read my bad plan below, and then my improved solution here.  If the
> library I want to use accepts a single large buffer, then I could
> probably tweek it to accept an iovec without breaking a sweat.  I

Is this an input or an output filter?

I'm not sure I've understood your problem description, so I may be
addressing entirely the wrong problem.  But it seems to me that:
 * For an input filter it's straightforward
 * For an output filter it depends entirely on how the library behaves
   when it encounters end-of-input data midstream.  If it's happy to
   suspend gracefully and restart when there's more data, then fine.
   If not, then you've got a problem.

With that proviso, either scheme should be feasible.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674