httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using util_ldap to retrieve attributes on a DC
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:30:57 GMT
On 10/19/06, Joe Lewis <joe@joe-lewis.com> wrote:
> I've looked through the util_ldap.c code, and don't really
> see any functions that would allow the retrieval of attributes from an
> object (non-user) in LDAP.  Plenty of util_ldap_getuserdn and
> util_ldap_checkuserid, but nothing for util_ldap_getdn or anything
> similar.

Looks to me like the cache provided by util_ldap is very
compare-centric, so you'd have a fair amount of work teaching it to
manage/return values returned by searches via some new interface and
an extension of the cache.

> Is this even possible, or, should I implement all of the #if
> declarations for the proper SDK?

I would think that the sequence of
ldap_search/ldap_get_values/ldap_msgfree would be SDK agnostic (more
so then the SSL freakshow that apr ldap provides a wrapper for).  You
can see in util_ldap.c that the actual core LDAP calls aren't wrapped
by any abstraction.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com