httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhao, Jing" <Jing.Z...@ChasePaymentech.Com>
Subject [No Subject]
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:18:21 GMT

I tried to install subversion-1.3.2 which uses Apache APR. When i run ./configure in APR directory,
it failed. I attached error message with the email. I tried to compile APR on VOS system,
Stratus, old dinosaur. Based on the error message, it seemed VOS did not support MAP_ANON
shared memory and also it did not have /dev/zero functionality. Is there any work around to
this problem? thanks,

Checking for Shared Memory Support...
checking for library containing shm_open... none required
checking sys/mman.h usability... yes
checking sys/mman.h presence... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking sys/ipc.h usability... no
checking sys/ipc.h presence... no
checking for sys/ipc.h... no
checking sys/mutex.h usability... no
checking sys/mutex.h presence... no
checking for sys/mutex.h... no
checking sys/shm.h usability... no
checking sys/shm.h presence... no
checking for sys/shm.h... no
checking sys/file.h usability... yes
checking sys/file.h presence... yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking kernel/OS.h usability... no
checking kernel/OS.h presence... no
checking for kernel/OS.h... no
checking os2.h usability... no
checking os2.h presence... no
checking for os2.h... no
checking for mmap... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for shm_open... yes
checking for shm_unlink... yes
checking for shmget... no
checking for shmat... no
checking for shmdt... no
checking for shmctl... no
checking for create_area... no
checking for MAP_ANON in sys/mman.h... no
checking for /dev/zero... no
/%ppd0#m1_d05/user/jzhao/subversion/subversion-1.3.2/apr/configure:Error: decision on anonymous
shared memory allocation method failed
sort: A required field is missing. Error in 'sort_path_names'.
sort: A required field is missing. Error in 'sort_path_names'.
configure failed for apr
sort: A required field is missing. Error in 'sort_path_names'.

Jing Zhao

Learn more about Chase Paymentech Solutions,LLC payment processing services at www.chasepaymentech.com.
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary and
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy this message or any
attachments.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.