httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Add a [modules-dev] subject prefix?
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 06:52:19 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I received a note that some users would appreciate distinguishing
> notes with a subject line.
>
> Most lists in the ASF don't do this for many good reasons, but I noticed
> that many of our peer-user lists (and modules-dev is a developement-users
> discussion) do so.
Personally, I'm ABSOLUTELY against it. I use evolution, mail, pine, and thunderbird.
Sometimes I over IMAP, sometimes POP, sometimes neither.  Some I have procmail some I don't.

I can't stand seeing nothing useful in subject as you only get like 80 characters or less
in the command line tools -- even the guis unless you have a high resolution or large monitor
and expand the window forever, you still can't see it.

Also, I only know of -commits lists and users@httpd that does this at the ASF.
I go to "great" lengths to strip them out when I've procmail available.

Finally, being a -dev list most people here while called users of the API would be technically
inclined.

Next you know, they'll be asking we can allow html messages for my fancy web based interfaces
to render....

Just my 2cents.

When I call your name, Girl, it starts to flame
Burning in my heart, Tearing it all apart..
No matter how I try My love I cannot hide....