httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Add a [modules-dev] subject prefix?
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:27:29 GMT
On Tuesday 26 September 2006 19:45, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
> > I would suspect that anyone asking for crap in the subject line
> > needs to rtfm procmail, or whatever other tools they have available.
> > Sorting of incoming mail has been a solved problem for over 20 years.
>
> I agree with you, up until the introduction of webmail.

Huh?  Are you saying there are webmail systems that don't support
sorting incoming mail into folders?

Shall I dig up my old 1997 mail-by-web stuff?  That supported both
folders and spam-filtering (though the latter might not stand up
to today's spam levels so well).

> Since this list is ment to be accessible,

It's more accessible if we don't bugger up people's subject lines!

--
Nick Kew

http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674