httpd-mbox-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Abou-Assaleh <...@dal.ca>
Subject Re: spam via mail-archives.apache.org?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:01:29 GMT
Though I don't agree with Justin, there are ways to reduce spam from the
client's end. Of course, it'd require a bit of work.

For instance: create a specialized  email address. Use it to register
so you're on the accept list, and then filter all mail going to that
address as spam (except if it's also sent to the mailing list).

You'd need to configure your client to set the "To" header to that
address. This works well with pine +  procmail + using an email like
jsmith+mbox@somedomain.

I haven't tried using this scheme on regular basis. I use it more for
debugging purposes with SmartList.

Cheers,

TAA

Tony Abou-Assaleh
Ph.D. Candidate, Faculty of Computer Science
Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada, B3H 1W5
Fax:   902-492-1517
Email: taa@acm.org
WWW:   http://www.cs.dal.ca/~taa/