httpd-docs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: Building docs for trunk and 2.4.x without changing char encoding
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2020 14:03:51 GMT
Hi,

I cannot reproduce these diff here.

I also have java 11 ; java --version gives :

openjdk 11.0.6 2020-01-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.6+10-post-Debian-1deb10u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.6+10-post-Debian-1deb10u1, mixed 
mode, sharing)

I have downloaded trunk repos in a clean working directory and launched 
"build.sh on it,

and docs/manual/new_features_2_4.html.en still contains :

<p><span>Available Languages: </span><a 
href="./en/new_features_2_4.html" title="English">&nbsp;en&nbsp;</a> |
<a href="./es/new_features_2_4.html" hreflang="es" rel="alternate" 
title="Espa&#241;ol">&nbsp;es&nbsp;</a> |

where non ASCII characters are replaced by there html entities and 
"Espa&#241;ol"> is not replaced by "Espa�ol">

Did you modify some file in manual/style directory ?

Le 08/02/2020 à 19:33, Luca Toscano a écrit :
> Hi Lucien,
>
> some of the files:
>
> docs/manual/rewrite/flags.html.en
> docs/manual/new_features_2_4.html.en
> docs/manual/mod/mod_systemd.html.en
>
> Il giorno sab 8 feb 2020 alle ore 18:29 Lucien Gentis
> <lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr> ha scritto:
>> In what file do you get the diff :
>>
>> -<a href="./es/sitemap.html" hreflang="es" rel="alternate"
>> title="Espa&#241;ol">&nbsp;es&nbsp;</a> |
>> -<a href="./fr/sitemap.html" hreflang="fr" rel="alternate"
>> title="Fran&#231;ais">&nbsp;fr&nbsp;</a> |
>> +<a href="./es/sitemap.html" hreflang="es" rel="alternate"
>> title="Espa�ol">&nbsp;es&nbsp;</a> |
>> +<a href="./fr/sitemap.html" hreflang="fr" rel="alternate"
>> title="Fran�ais">&nbsp;fr&nbsp;</a> |
>>
>> Le 08/02/2020 à 17:55, Luca Toscano a écrit :
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> thanks for following up. I noticed the thread but I am using java 8,
>>> and I haven't had any problems with it in the past, so I didn't try to
>>> remove the Xbootclasspath parameter. I just did now but the problem
>>> persists, so it must be something else :(
>>>
>>> Luca
>>>
>>> Il giorno sab 8 feb 2020 alle ore 17:10 Mike Rumph
>>> <mrumph68@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>>> I should also mention that this difference does not appear in the .html.utf8
files.
>>>>
>>>> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 7:59 AM Mike Rumph <mrumph68@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> Hello Luca,
>>>>>
>>>>> See the previous thread related to commit r1873229:
>>>>> - http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-docs/202001.mbox/browser
>>>>>
>>>>> I caused a problem or solved one depending on one's perspective.
>>>>> I created a massive change by running ./build.sh with  Java 11.
>>>>> (Was it right or wrong to commit those changes is up to debate.)
>>>>> To make ./build.sh work I needed to modify the script to remove the -Xbootclasspath/p:"$LOCALCLASSPATH"
option.
>>>>> There is another thread for this also in the above link.
>>>>> That option is not in Java versions after Java 8.
>>>>> So I think the change to use encodings was a side effect of moving to
Java 11.
>>>>> What version of Java are you using?
>>>>>
>>>>> BTW. I committed the Java 11 changes to the trunk branch but not to the
2.4 branch.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 2:20 AM Luca Toscano <toscano.luca@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>> Hi everybody,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> apologies in advance for my question, I haven't followed completely
>>>>>> all the past threads. I am trying to add some docs for mod_systemd,
>>>>>> and while building the trunk's docs I keep getting a diff like:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -<a href="./es/sitemap.html" hreflang="es" rel="alternate"
>>>>>> title="Espa&#241;ol">&nbsp;es&nbsp;</a> |
>>>>>> -<a href="./fr/sitemap.html" hreflang="fr" rel="alternate"
>>>>>> title="Fran&#231;ais">&nbsp;fr&nbsp;</a> |
>>>>>> +<a href="./es/sitemap.html" hreflang="es" rel="alternate"
>>>>>> title="Espa�ol">&nbsp;es&nbsp;</a> |
>>>>>> +<a href="./fr/sitemap.html" hreflang="fr" rel="alternate"
>>>>>> title="Fran�ais">&nbsp;fr&nbsp;</a> |
>>>>>>
>>>>>> To build, I do the usual ./build.sh in docs/manual/build. I am aware
>>>>>> that there are issues with char encodings from a quick glance on
older
>>>>>> threads, but I am wondering if there is a current best practice in
how
>>>>>> to build docs to avoid committing weird changes :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Luca
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: docs-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: docs-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: docs-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: docs-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help@httpd.apache.org
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: docs-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message