httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mike Rumph <mrump...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building docs for trunk and 2.4.x without changing char encoding
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2020 15:59:03 GMT
Hello Luca,

See the previous thread related to commit r1873229:
- http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-docs/202001.mbox/browser

I caused a problem or solved one depending on one's perspective.
I created a massive change by running ./build.sh with  Java 11.
(Was it right or wrong to commit those changes is up to debate.)
To make ./build.sh work I needed to modify the script to remove the
-Xbootclasspath/p:"$LOCALCLASSPATH"
option.
There is another thread for this also in the above link.
That option is not in Java versions after Java 8.
So I think the change to use encodings was a side effect of moving to Java
11.
What version of Java are you using?

BTW. I committed the Java 11 changes to the trunk branch but not to the 2.4
branch.